Thursday 9 April 2009

I am craving Illamasqua!!!!

For those that dont know Illamasqua is a UK make-up brand, that was launched late last year.Currently it's only available online, In London and at Selfridges in Manchester.
Hopefully it will be expanding soon because I want to see the colours in person!





Here's what the website says:
Illamasqua is the product of a heady mix of influences. Its roots stem from the dark and illicit 1920s club scene and combines a rich heritage in the manufacture of make-up for film and theatre. It also takes inspiration from members of the ‘alternative scenes’ for whom self-expression is paramount. Alternative cultures have always dared to be dramatic. They have an emotional attachment to making up. It’s an expression of their darker side, a release for their alter ego.

Illamasqua is for the bolder person hiding inside all of us. It is an act and an attitude. A symbol of tolerance. A celebration of idiosyncracies. A confident statement of self-ownership.

I WANT SOME SO BAD!!!
It's such an exciting brand and it makes me interested in creative make-up again. I've been getting so boring recently- I can't even remember the last time I wore black eyeliner of smokey brights. I used to live for bold make-up I loved to express myself and now I feel like a wallflower :(

I think it's even taking over my desire for MAC and thats pretty hard!

I think once people get into buying MAC its often the case that they overlook some other brands a little bit- I know i have for the last few years. Now im rediscovering all my old faves like urban decay and too faced and jemma kidd and having fun creating dramatic looks.

But what I really really really want is some Illamasqua the only problem being that the swatches of colour on the website aren't really accurate :(

My wishlist includes the eyeliner cake, fierce lipgloss, intense eyeshadow-and another really pigmented dark blue/violet shade. If anyone has any recommendations please let me know!!

oooh that reminds me the wonderful Mizzworthy became my first follower! yay!
You should check out her blog shes really good http://www.mizzworthy.blogspot.com/
I also watch her youtube channel, so I know she like Illamasqua as much as me and I havent even invested yet...

Anyways finally i thought I'd share with you a make-up look I've been sporting recently- Its more everyday where for me- not too dramatic but a nice change from neutrals.



1 comment:

  1. Glad to find another Illamasqua lover! They are also opening soon in Glasgow and Newcastle by the way... more stores planned in the UK this year! I hope you do an entry to my comp too, and you are welcome for the sub - your blog is great!

    ReplyDelete